Re: Anyone succeeds with OpenLDAP 2.1.9 + autofs on Redhat 8.0?

Hello Simon,

>>> I am still struggling with getting OpenLDAP 2.1.9 >>>work with autofs on Redhat 8.0. I have browsed through list archives >>>and tried different ways, but without any result.

>> Did you try to enable LDAP V2 access on the server? I remember >>that autofs uses V2 for some silly reason.

> Yes, otherwise I am seeing this error: "requested protocol version not > allowed"

> autofs reads auto.master fine. But once trying to read other maps
> referred in auto.master, then it can't connect to the ldap server. the > ldap server reports this error:

> "unwilling to allow anonymous bind with non-empty DN".

> Anyone knows about this type of error? what does it mean?
It means that the server doesn't allow anonymous binds with an non-empty DN. I've updated my LDAP today also to 2.1.9, and got the same error.

The fast solution:

Put the following line into slapd.conf:

allow bind_v2 bind_anon_dn

The more thorough solution would be to change lookup_ldap.c to do the right things, like using the values from ldap.conf.

I will try to enter a bug at redhat's bugzilla against autofs.

Sincerely,
Klaus

--
Klaus Steinberger         Maier-Leibnitz Labor
Phone: (+49 89)289 14287  Am Coulombwall 6, D-85748 Garching, Germany