Who have tested the performence of OpenLDAP?

Hi all,

Did anyone do the performance test of OpenLDAP?

I tested it by DirectoryMark1.2.1 tool. The result of measurement is slow,
about 2.0 to 7.5 operations / second with 1 client for ldap_search in 1000 entries.

I installed OpenLDAP2.1.2/DBD 4.0.14 in my computer, and ran the DirectoryMark1.2.1
tool on this computer too.

The database configurations look similar to this:
dn: cn=Kristi Vaserfirer, ou=Human Resources, o=Airius.com
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
cn: Kristi Vaserfirer
sn: Vaserfirer
facsimileTelephoneNumber: +1 303 623-6838
l: Fremont
ou: Human Resources
postalAddress: Airius.com$Human Resources$Dept # 690
telephoneNumber: +1 510 155-4082
title: Chief Human Resources Figurehead
userPassword: rerifresaV
seeAlso: Kristi

My computer settings is:
CPU Intel Pentium III 866MHZ
RAM 512MB
DISK 30GB
CACHE L1 16KB L2 512KB
OS: WindowsXP Professional Version2002

The results of DirectoryMark1.2.1 is:
Run Time: 60 minutes 1 seconds
|-----------------+-----------------------+--------------+-------------+-----------------+
|Transaction Type | Number of Transactions| Min Time (ms)|Max Time (ms)|Average Time (ms)|
|-----------------+-----------------------+--------------+-------------+-----------------+
|    Search       |         27,109        |      26      |    4,990    |       36        |

-----------------------+--------------------------+---------------+------------------|
Standard Deviation (ms)|Number of entries affected|Number of Fails|Number of Timeouts|
-----------------------+--------------------------+---------------+------------------|
          48           |         27,109           |       0       |         0        |
-----------------------+--------------------------+---------------+------------------|
Total Transactions = 27,109
Number of Failed Connections = 28
DirectoryMark: 7.5 operations / second

I did the test many times with 5 minutes, 60 minutes or 10 minutes, but the results
which I got changed in 2 to 7.5 operations / second. I did not do the test with a long
time like 12 hours, 24 hours or more than.

I did another test of InfoDirectory a direcotry server product of FUJITSU Company.
I test it with same 1000 entries been inputed in database. The database is a product
of Fujitsu.

I got:
Run Time: 20 minutes 4 seconds
|-----------------+-----------------------+--------------+-------------+-----------------+
|Transaction Type | Number of Transactions| Min Time (ms)|Max Time (ms)|Average Time (ms)|
|-----------------+-----------------------+--------------+-------------+-----------------+
|    Search       |         11,876        |      6       |      60     |        7        |

-----------------------+--------------------------+---------------+------------------|
Standard Deviation (ms)|Number of entries affected|Number of Fails|Number of Timeouts|
-----------------------+--------------------------+---------------+------------------|
           2           |          11,876          |       0       |         0        |
-----------------------+--------------------------+---------------+------------------|
Total Transactions = 11,876]
Number of Failed Connections = 0
DirectoryMark: 9.9 operations / second

The result almost did not change when I set the test time to 5 minutes, 10 minutes or more
than.

I don't know why the OpenLDAP is slow and precarious.

Did anyone do some test?
If you did, can you post the results to me?

Best regards.

Pu