error starting slapd at debian

the openldap is 2.1.9, the debian is 2.4.18 kernel.

when I start "slapd -d -1" I have the next
<<< dnNormalize: <cn=subschema>
error loading ucdata (error -127)
slapd shutdown: freeing system resources.
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

It is exactly after core.schema reading. Does someone knows what it means
?

The same version of openldap, the same configure arguments, on the solaris
9 works without any problem.

Gregory G. V.
or previous employers.

According Isham Research's Devil's IT Dictionary mainframe is:
"an obsolete device still used by thousands of obsolete companies
serving billions of obsolete customers and making huge obsolete profits
for their obsolete shareholders.
And this year's run twice as fast as last year's."