Re: Deep help

At 12:29 12/20/2002, you wrote:
- If I install a directory in the linux Box (for example OpenLDAP) and install a directory in Windows (for example Active Directory) could they communicate each other and share information ?. If this is the case, what should I do ?

It depends on what you mean by "share" information. If you're talking about the ability of one LDAP server to "relay" requests to another LDAP server, I think your biggest problem will be with the LDAP schema... Microsoft has mapped some of its attributes to well-known LDAP attributes and has created new attributes for other information. I currently went through this trying to map Exchange contacts to an LDAP address book... I'm not sure whether the authentication side of things will be better or worse.

Cheers,

Brenda
The only Henniker on earth, NH (the state with five seasons -- tourist, foliage, ski, mud and black-fly)