Replication stumped

I have run into a brick wall.   When I try to add an entry into the slave
LDAP, I get the following message

adding new entry "uid=Katilyn.Reph,dc=reph,dc=org"
ldap_add: Referral

ldif_record() = 10

The command I used was: ldapadd -x -W -D "cn=Manager,dc=reph,dc=org" -f
Katie.ldif

I check both the slave and master directories and found that the entries
weren't added.

Master configuration:
database    ldbm
suffix      "dc=reph,dc=org"
rootdn      "cn=Manager,dc=reph,dc=org"
rootpw      secret
directory   /usr6/ldap
index   objectClass,uid,uidNumber,gidNumber,memberUid   eq
index   cn,mail,surname,givenname           eq,subinitial
replica host=is4.internet-stuff.com:389
    binddn="cn=Replicator,dc=reph,org"
    bindmethod=simple credentials=secret
replogfile /usr8/ldap/replogfile

Slave configuration:
database        ldbm
suffix          "dc=reph,dc=org"
rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=reph,dc=org"
rootpw          secret
directory       /usr9/ldap_test/db
index   objectClass,uid,uidNumber,gidNumber,memberUid   eq
index   cn,mail,surname,givenname                       eq,subinitial
updatedn        "cn=Replicator,dc=reph,dc=org"
updateref       ldap://reph1.reph.org

What am I doing wrong?
Theodore Reph
treph@att.net