From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Rob
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 10:49 AM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: outlook and openldap (syslog)

Graham,

this is incorrect syntax for syslog.conf on my Solaris-8 box, more precisely
:

<facility>.<level>

where <facility> can be LOCAL4 or *, for example, but <level> cannot be an
asterisk !

Is this different on Linux ? Because on most other UNIX brands I have come
accross the <level> could never be a wildcard like '*' .
Still, if someone could tell me what the <level> is used by slapd for its
syslog-logging, then I can specify it to go to my logfile, even if it's
multiple <level>'s .

Thanks in advance,

Rob