Re: outlook and openldap

Raf, yes I have set this option in Outlook-Express, but no results at all.

Rob

Raf Meeusen wrote:
On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Rob wrote:

Hi,

I am struggling with the same problem, altough a bit more generic : how
can the combination Outlook (-Express, in my case) and OpenLDAP be
configured so that there is no local address book necessary for Outlook,
but the address-list comes straight (= on-line) from the OpenLDAP server
when you open the selection window to specify addresses for a new email
message.
Even searching in the addressbook for people with "Name=*" does not
return anything.
And yes, the "Accounts" option contains correctly the name and basedn of
my LDAP server.

do not forget to enable the "simple search filter" then.

kr,

Raf

I am fighting with the "loglevel" option in slapd.conf, just to get a
brief logging about what query the LDAP server received from outlook.

Any help out there from the gurus ?

Rob
Belgium

Eduardo Eirós wrote:

Hi all

I´m new in this list and I know this is a little bit off-topic, but
maybe someone can help me.

I currently have an openldap server offering services for smtp, pop,
imap and ssh .OK

I know that there has been disccusion about integrating openldap with
outlook clients.

I´m able to do searchs in outlook 2000 after some configuration
changes and more.

I´m able to import these searches results in the address book, and to
look in ldap for the to: field

Now the question: is there anyway to automatize this process so the
client would not have to make searches
in order to have new entries or modifications. I mean a plugin or
something that would keep synchronized the outlook
adddress book with the ldap entries. Maybe impossible?

Sorry for my english and thanks.