Re: problem with multiple replica

--On Friday, December 13, 2002 11:48 AM +1100 Dave Horsfall <daveh@ci.com.au> wrote:

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Vincent MATHIEU wrote:

>> If an error occurs with another replica, no reject file is created.
> Then how do you know that an error occurred?

My configuration was bad, and no reject file was created, except for the
first replica

So, was an attempt even made to replicate? What does debugging output show? Note that tools such as "truss" may be thread-unaware (I got bitten by this when I found slurpd was using a thread-unsafe function inside a thread). Fire up GDB with some creative breakpoints, or use "-d".

Hm, must depend on the version of truss. The version I use under Solaris 8 & 9 understands threads.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Senior Systems Administrator