Re: outlook and openldap (syslog)

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Rob wrote:

> I am fighting with the "loglevel" option in slapd.conf, just to get a
> brief logging about what query the LDAP server received from outlook.

I had to add this to my /etc/syslog.conf on my Red Hat Linux 8.0 server in
order to get useful OpenLDAP logs.

[...begin quote...]
# Save ldap messages
local4.*                                                /var/log/ldap
[...end quote...]

Then, after making sure "loglevel 32" (or 64, or whatever) was in my
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf file, I restarted both openldap ("/sbin/service
ldap restart") and syslog ("/sbin/service syslog restart") and suddenly I
had useful log info.

--
Graham Freeman
Manager of Information Technology