Re: backup of only the delta changes

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, james liang wrote (in one line):

> I did some reading on openldap's replication mechanism.  It would seem that theoretically, support for delta backup can be build around the replication log mechanism.  Is something like this already available in openldap?

Try setting up a replicator with no replicants ie. "replogfile XXX" but
no slurpd running.  You'll need to to this on an auxiliary slave, of
course.  Either that, or set up a non-existent replicant, and be prepared
to kill off slurpd every so often when it hangs.

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9906-7866  Fx: 9906-1556
Corinthian Engineering, Level 1, 401 Pacific Hwy, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia