RE: Slurpd Replog being constantly re-written

Hi Dave,
	Not sure if I understand... Does it matter where the file
resides? I've been running with 2.0.25 Master/Slaves for a while on
another install, and under normal operation, slurpd truncates the file,
but slapd doesn't rewrite it. In this case, slurpd is truncating the
file, then slapd is re-writing it (or at least that what it looks like).

	If I read what you've written another way, by default, RedHat
8.0 has the replog file specified as a remarked...

#replogfile     /var/lib/ldap/master-slapd.replog

	and I changed this to

replogfile	/var/lib/ldap/replica/slapd.replog

	to match what the old 1.2.13 install had. So what your saying is
Slurpd's 'private' file, is overwriting Slapd's file. So am I looking at
a difference between 1.2.x and 2.0.x, or have I just been dead-lucky
with other installs? Maybe only I can answer that best after a bit more
tinkering ;)

Regards
Garry