Two slapd instances on same db?

Hi

Is it viable to have two instances of slapd - one read/write and one read only - sharing the same database - I'm using ldbm with 2.1.8?

My ldapservice is read only except for updates from one host.

I would like to have TLSVerifyClient = hard for the updates but not for binds from my users. I can't find any other way to do it than running one instance for the updates with TLSVerifyClient = hard and another for the binds and reads with TLSVerifyClient = try.

Regards Mads Freek

Mads Freek Petersen
Special Consultant
Computer Science Department
Roskilde University
Building 42-1, P.O. Box 260, DK-4000 Roskilde, Denmark

Phone:  +45 4674 3882
Fax:    +45 4674 3072
E-mail: freek@ruc.dk