Re: Really confusing responses (was: Re: Can't slapadd ldif file)

Todd Lyons wrote:
Because in migrate_passwd.pl is this snippet of code:
    open(SHADOW, $ENV{ETC_SHADOW}) || return;

OK, ignore my last email, actually it IS important my shadow information, but I was using ldapsearch without enough privilege to see it.

I stopped the ldap server and used slapcat and saw the passwd crypts. So far so good.

But, eh, how do I specificy to ldapsearch I'd like to search as manager - keeping in mind, I'm not (yet?) using SASL? I tried -W, and it prompts me for a passwd, and I put it in, but I still dont' see crypts.

-- Phil Dibowitz phil@ipom.com Freeware and Technical Pages Insanity Palace of Metallica http://home.earthlink.net/~jaymzh666/ http://www.ipom.com/

 - Benjamin Franklin, 1759