Re: Matching Rules and Search Filter Difficulty

Lon Tierney writes:
> I am searching on the "uidNumber" attribute that is defined in the
> supplied nis.schema. Essentially, the greater (>=) and less (<=) filters
> don't seem to work. Equality will return results.

You have to modify etc/openldap/nis.schema and insert
    ORDERING integerOrderingMatch
in the attribute description of uidNumber.
Or (the cleaner way) define your own attribute type and use that
instead of uidNumber.

> From looking at the admin guide I note that "integerMatch" matching rule
> is not listed as supported, could this be the issue?

No, integerOrderingMatch is.  It's supported in the later OpenLDAP
versions.  I don't remember how late.

--
Hallvard