Re: Problem with slow localhost connections

A bit more info -- running ldapsearch with -d -1 and simple bind (-x):

ldap_bind_s
ldap_simple_bind_s
ldap_sasl_bind_s
ldap_sasl_bind
ldap_send_initial_request
ldap_new_connection
ldap_int_open_connection
ldap_connect_to_host: localhost

** here is the delay.  Nothing from tcpdump yet.  After 6 - 10
seconds, logging proceeds with the following, and I also see activity
on lo from tcpdump.

ldap_new_socket: 3
ldap_prepare_socket: 3
ldap_connect_to_host: Trying 127.0.0.1:389
ldap_connect_timeout: fd: 3 tm: -1 async: 0
ldap_ndelay_on: 3
ldap_is_sock_ready: 3
ldap_ndelay_off: 3
.