ldapsearch question

Hello,

I have an openldap server set up for authenticating
samba and unix users.

I am now trying to set up an address book...

I found a quite good tutorial on how to set up an
address book at:

https://www6.software.ibm.com/developerworks/education/l-ldap/?

As I am working thru the tutorial, it briefly goes over configuing
slapd.conf.  I checked it and I already have all of the items
mentioned in my slapd.conf... so it then says to issue:

ldapsearch -x -b '' -s base '(objectclass=*)' namingContexts

and you should get:

version: 2

#
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: namingContexts #

#
dn:
namingContexts: dc=emtex,dc=com     (this is my domain...)

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

but I don't, I get

version: 2

#
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: namingContexts #

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 1
[root@ncc1701a ldap]#

Now this is supposed to be a basic test of my ldap server...
if it is working or not... my server is working, it's currently
authenticating all samba and unix users in my company... but this
seems to say it isn't working...  I'm sorry, I'm a bit of a newbie
and so far I'm not that great at using ldapsearch... but I am wholly
at a loss on the namingContexts bit of it... as I can't seem to
find any references to namingContexts.  I know I'm in at the deep
end here, but after a couple of days of searching on namingContexts
and finding very little, I'm not sure why my server is not giving
dc=emtex,dc=com as result?

Sorry if it's a dumb question or I haven't read enough, but I
I have just been thru the ldap guide again this morning and the
man pages for ldapsearch again and I'm just not getting anyway.

Thanks

Bill