Re: how do YOU use LDAP?

We use it for PKI-issues
- storing/deploying certificates
- CRLs

Openldap is used here mostly for testing purposes, as our customers use
other, comercial directories.

(and at home I build up a logbook for amateurradio with openldap. Are here
any hams on the list? :)

--
Christian Pohl
Secaron AG

Andrew Bacchi <bacchi@rpi.edu>
Sent by: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
26.11.2002 19:51

        To:     "openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org" <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        how do YOU use LDAP?

I've been subscribed here for quite a few months now, and I'm wondering
about the ways in which LDAP is being used.  What I mean to say is, are
you using a single, all inclusive directory service for multiple
purposes, or many smaller directories with different
schemes/structures?

Here at RPI, I am using LDAP for login/POSIX account info, and I would
like to expand uses.  Is there a drawback to a single directory service,
of many parts, that can be accessed by multiple applications?  Or,
should services be narrow in scope?

Please contribute to a lively discussion.  Thanks
--
Andrew Bacchi
Staff Systems Programmer

http://www.rpi.edu/~bacchi/