Re: How long can a LDAP frontend be down (master and slave) ?

On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 15:14, Alex Waldus wrote:

> I have a question about the replication between MASTER and SLAVE ldap
> servers.
>
> How long can a LDAP Front-end (SLAVE) be down before the slurpd running on
> the backends can not update(sync) it anymore.
>
> Is it the total free diskspace?

Basically you need enough diskspace + enough memory for slurpd. Slurpd
holds most (possibly all) of the replica log in memory for processing.
If you have only Master -> one slave, then its probably worth just
stopping slurpd and only restarting when the slave is back online.

--
Alister Winfield - Easynet Limited