From: "Tony Earnshaw" <tonni@billy.demon.nl>
To: "Raphaël Berghmans" <rberghmans@arafox.com>
Cc: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 8:56 PM
Subject: Re: userPassword hash

fre, 2002-11-22 kl. 19:08 skrev Raphaël Berghmans:

> My slapd.conf is configured with the option password-hash {crypt}.

1:^

>  When I change a userPassword with ldappasswd, the value of the
userPassword
> attribute is correctly crypted.

2:^

>  But when I use PHP interface, I change
> the password with the generic php method : ldap_modify(), I've to crypt
> the password with a PHP method before sent the modification to the LDAP
> server.

3:^

>  Why ?

Why not? 1: has nothing to do with 2: has nothing to do with 3:

> I thought then LDAP crypt itself the userPassword value if this value is
> not crypted.

> Any explanations ?

3 completely different things, not related in any way whatsoever.

Get GQ! It will teach you a lot, immediately and intuitively. PHP4
programming will cost you quite some time.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

When all's said and done ...
there's nothing left to say or do.

e-post: tonni@billy.demon.nl
www: http://www.billy.demon.nl

This mail has been checked by exiscan.
To be safe, please scan the mail attachements with your local virus scanner !