Re: Windows NT DOMAIN backend

Another way of doing it is installing pGINA (it's in sourceforge) which
replaces the authentication mechanism of win2k. It has an LDAP module that
should work with OpenLDAP.

Regards,

-Oscar

On Friday, November 22, 2002, at 05:21  AM, Jörg Schulz wrote:

Am Freitag, 22. November 2002 12:43 schrieb Rodolfo Siviero Stein:
Hello guys,

I am new to LDAP and now I am trying to authenticate some users in a
Windows NT 4 domain (I don't have Active Directory, available in Win2K).

	Can it be done using some OpenLDAP backend ?

Anyone can help me with some links or some instructions on how to do this
using OpenLDAP 2.1.8 in a RedHat 7.3 linux box ?

	I will apreciate any help !

	Thx

Rodolfo

The only solution I know of is to use Samba as a PDC with LDAP as a backend.

See
http://de.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html#SAMBA-LDAP- HOWTO
for howto use LDAP as a backend (this works for me), and
http://www.unav.es/cti/ldap-smb/ldap-smb-2_2-howto.html
for howto use it as a PDC with LDAP backend.

Jörg

--
pgp fingerprint: BC64 2E7A CAEF 39E1 9544  80CA F7D5 784D FB46 16C1