Re: aliasing entries

>What is the gernally acceptable way of doing this?  It makes sence
>that some mechanism is available to prevent duplication of people
>objects in a directory where they would appear more than once.

Universities suffer this problem all the time. I know it, i'm now trying to
settle on a DIT for my University and have found that the generally accepted
solution is what you mentioned, having everyone under ou=People and trying
to link them with their roles, groups or whatever.

I found this:
http://middleware.internet2.edu/dir/groups/rpr-nmi-edit-mace_dir-groups_best
_practices-1.0.html

The scope is a bit broader than that of a personal address book, but I hope
it helps you.

Juan Felipe García Catalán
Universidad de Salamanca