replica catchup to master

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has some input on how you would get a new replica to catch up to the master. Basically, assume that you are adding a new replica to the pool. Due to the large volume of changes you incur, you can't stop slurpd on the master and then do a slapcat, install the DB on the replica, and then turn slurpd back on. In Netscape directory server, it keeps track what changes a replica has received by a change number, so if you load a new replica with an older DB, it catches it up. I don't see the functionality for this in OpenLDAP. Therefore, assuming I load a new replica with an older DB, after adding it in as a replica in the slapd.conf file on the master, how do I get the master to replay changes to the replica?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Senior Systems Administrator