Re: back-bdb as module & DB 4.1.24

Howard Chu a écrit :
> > > [jehan@corbeau /usr/local/src/openldap-2.1.8/tests]
> > > $ ../servers/slapd/slapd -s0 -f ./test-db/slapd.conf -h
> > > ldap://localhost:9009/
> > > ../servers/slapd/slapd: relocation error:
> > > ../servers/slapd/back-bdb/.libs/back_bdb.so.2: undefined symbol:
> > > ldap_pvt_thread_rdwr_init
> > >
> > > Now I still get that undefined symbol problem ! ??

> There are a couple different problems going on. By default, slapd is
> statically linked with libldap_r. Only the symbols that slapd itself uses are
> bound from that library, and these symbols are re-exported by slapd for the
> use of dynamic modules. But if a module needs a symbol that slapd doesn't,
> then this problem occurs. The easiest solution is to edit the generated slapd
> Makefile and remove "-static" from the libtool flags. When slapd is
> dynamically linked with libldap_r then of course the entire library is
> present, so the modules can find whatever they need.

Isn't there a way to tell that in the ./configure script
(--enable-shared[=PKGS] or something ?)
If I really need to do that manually do I simply remove
"BUILD_LIBS_DYNAMIC = static" from :
[root@corbeau /usr/local/src/openldap-2.1.8/servers/slapd]
$ vi Makefile

?
I'am very use to libtool :-( , thanks for your help .

How did you do it yourself ? perhaps you hadn't the problem ?

--
Jehan Procaccia
Institut National des Telecommunications| Email: