address family not supported

Hi Everyone,

I've been struggling to get ldaps (tls/ssl) working with openldap all
afternoon.

I have found some really good pages that describe how to go about it.
In fact I got to the point where the ldap client asked me about the
certificate issued.

Interestingly, it still failed to connect.  So I started slapd with -d
256 and saw fro the first time this error:

daemon: socket() failed errno=225 (Address family not supported by
protocol)

I read the FAQ about it, but it doesn't make sence, I haven't seen
this error before, so I think it's something to do with the ssl and
certificate stuff I have been doing.

I have also tried reverting the config back and I still see this
error.

The version is 2.0.23-14 on debian.

I'm really at my wits end with this.  Any suggestions?

Regards,

Pete.

:wq