Re: Problem with SSL enabled slapd

Thank Zhan Fei.
It works fine.

Zhang Fei wrote:
Dunk Chen,
	You can try in /usr/local/etc/ldap/ directory:
$ openssl req -new -x509 -nodes -out server.cer -keyout server.pem -days 365

 Then,go to the slapd.conf file and do the following changes:

TLSCertificateFile    /usr/local/etc/ldap/server.cer
TLSCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/etc/ldap/server.pem
TLSCACertificateFile  /usr/local/etc/ldap/server.cer

  Hope it useful for you :-)

Zhang Fei
zhfei@sdb.ac.cn
2002-11-17

=============================
R&D of SDB Department
CNIC,CAS,Beijing of CHINA
100080

======= 2002-11-17 21:19:00 =======

Dear all:

I want to enable ssl supported on slapd.
Following the reference I've got. I modified the slapd.conf with three
lines as follows:

TLSCipherSuite HIGH:MEDIUM:+SSLv2
TLSCertificateFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/slapd.pem
TLSCertificateKeyFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/slapd.pem

But..... I can't start my slapd anymore. The slapd just exited
immediately when I start by command ./slapd -h "ldaps://127.0.0.1/".

ps. I can normally start up my slapd without extra ssl configuration.

the reference I got is from: http://online.securityfocus.com/infocus/1428

Best reguards.