Re: "Inappropriate matching" Error

tor, 2002-11-14 kl. 00:07 skrev Christoph Neumann:

> I'm using openldap-2.1.8.  I am trying to insert more than one photograph
> into an entry as a "jpegPhoto" entry.  When doing so, I get a
> "Inappropriate matching" error.  I noticed that the inetorgperson.schema
> does not define any matching rules for jpegPhoto.  Why are there no
> matching rules for this field?  Must I have an equality matching rule to
> add more more than one attribute/value pair?  Any suggestions on adding
> more than one photograph to an entry?

I think you're flogging a dead horse, here. I posted the same about a
week ago and no-one responded. I've played around a bit with OIDs and
EQUALITYs (you'd think that octalStringMatch would work, wouldn't you,
if you didn't know better, well it doesn't).

As far as I can see, the whole jpegPhoto thing in Openldap is an anomaly
and shouldn't be there anyway - someone once had "a bright idea" but has
since thought better about it.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

Cricketers are strange people. They wake up
in October, only to find that their wives had
left them in May.

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl