Odd replication behavior

I am replicating from a master to two slaves.  My master replicates to
one of my slaves but not to the other.  However, the slurpd.replog file
on the master SAYS it replicated to both slaves (i.e., there are
identical update entries for both slaves in slurpd.replog).  There is
nothing left to do in the /var/log/ldap_replog file, and there is no
reject file (x.x.x.x:389.rej) for either slave on the master.

When I sniff the output of the master as I make changes on the master, I
see traffic ONLY going to the one slave.  The master isn't even
attempting to contact the other slave.

Here is the relevant portion of my slapd.conf file:

# replication instructions

replica host=x.x.x.6:389
    suffix="ou=people,dc=whidbey,dc=net"
    suffix="ou=structures,dc=whidbey,dc=net"
    binddn="cn=Manager,dc=whidbey,dc=net"
    bindmethod=simple credentials="secret"

attr!=whidnetBillingNumber,whidnetOwnerMail,whidnetModReason,whidnetDisc
Reason,whidnetWebDeveloper,whidnetAuthPerson,homeTelephoneNumber,telepho
neNumber,localityName,postOfficeBox,organizationName,whidnetOwnerKey,whi
dnetTDNP,whidnetTDNPCount,stateOrProvinceName,streetAddress,postalCode

replica host=x.x.y.243:389
    suffix="ou=people,dc=whidbey,dc=net"
    suffix="ou=structures,dc=whidbey,dc=net"
    binddn="cn=Manager,dc=whidbey,dc=net"
    bindmethod=simple credentials="secret"

attr!=whidnetBillingNumber,whidnetOwnerMail,whidnetModReason,whidnetDisc
Reason,whidnetWebDeveloper,whidnetAuthPerson,homeTelephoneNumber,telepho
neNumber,localityName,postOfficeBox,organizationName,whidnetOwnerKey,whi
dnetTDNP,whidnetTDNPCount,stateOrProvinceName,streetAddress,postalCode

replogfile /var/log/ldap_replog

The first replica entry is the one that doesn't work.  No matter whether
it comes first or second in the file.  Any ideas?  Slurpd seems
perfectly happy with itself and oblivious to the fact that it isn't
replicating to one of the slaves.

Thanks,

Mike