problem with openldap 2.1.2

Hallo everybody,

We have noticed following problem with openldap 2.1.2 and Berkeley DB 4.0.14:

When trying to (1) modify not existing entry and than (2) to add the same entry slapd hangs on Solaris 2.6. Last thing which he writes in log when I invoke ldapadd is that he is trying to update id2entry.db and remains in this state for ever. Trying to kill ldap with SIGHUP causes him to write that he is waiting for thread (which is hanging) to finish.

Has someone observed something similar? Is it known issue?

Best regards, Vadim Tarassov.

Vadim Tarassov
e-Platform Solution Center
Telefon +41 52 261 73 22