Address book authntication

                                              Placed At :

Hi all..

I'm trying to set up an address book for my users.I would like to allow only
authenticated users to acces their respective address books. When I have no
access lists specified in my slapd.conf I'm able to acess the address book
without a problem.

But the same does not work when I specify access restrictions.

This is the access list I have specified.

               access to dn="uid=*,o=Sifyaddress" by users read
               access to dn="uid=*,o=Sifyaddress" by self write

and when I run slapd in full debug mode I get the follwoing in the logs.After
much searching I found out that the error means "insufficient access" ,but am
not able to get any further information on this. I have attached the log

          daemon: conn=0 fd=9 connection from IP=10.1.1.45:2146 (IP=0.0.0.0:389)
accepted.
          conn=0 op=0 BIND dn="UID=KANNAN12,O=ADDRESS" method=128
          ber_flush: 14 bytes to sd 9
          conn=0 op=0 RESULT tag=97 err=50 text=
          conn=0 op=1 UNBIND
          conn=-1 fd=9 closed

I hope somebody can help me out with this

regards
kannan

Quality Policy

"To be  the  best-in-class  service  provider by  practising international
standards
 in providing world-class services and end-to-end network solutions."