Re: thread problem OpenLDAP 2.1.8 + Solaris 9

>Other things to look at:
>        - ACLs... avoid unnecesary regex'ing
>        - REGEX... make sure you are using a good REGEX library
>                (some Solaris versions suck)
>        - Logging (disable synchronous logging, only log minimal stuff)

Thanks, my setting on this are:

access to dn.subtree="ou=people,dc=uni-ulm,dc=de"
    by * read

no experimental ACIs used

database    ldbm
cachesize   20000
dbcachesize 10000000
dbsync      5 1 2

the equivalent settings with the bdb backend give me a drop in performance
of about 30%.

Anyway, my major problem is that there's NO scaling on multi-CPU systems.
Has anyone experience with Solaris 9 at all as they changed the default
thread lib if I recall right.

Thanks,
Thomas

PGP fingerprint: B1 EE D2 39 2C 82 26 DA  A5 4D E0 50 35 75 9E ED
Phone:           +49 731 50 22464
FAX:             +49 731 50 22471