Re: thread problem OpenLDAP 2.1.8 + Solaris 9

At 08:55 AM 2002-11-08, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>although our performance testing from OpenLDAP-2.1.8 is is showing only about 7 queries/sec answered (we need a minimum of 20 queries/sec throughput).

That's awful low performance.  On relatively small systems,
performance in the 1000s of queries per second range is
easily achievable.   Likely you don't have the right
indices or the indexing is ineffective due to the number
of total entries.  In the later case, you might try
increasing the IDL sizes in back-bdb/idl.h.  You might
also look at BerkeleyDB environment settings.