Re: thread problem OpenLDAP 2.1.8 + Solaris 9

--On Friday, November 08, 2002 9:47 PM +0100 Thomas Nau <thomas.nau@rz.uni-ulm.de> wrote:

We are running almost the same setup, except that we are using back-bdb.
We are not seeing this behaviour, although our performance testing from
OpenLDAP-2.1.8 is is showing only about 7 queries/sec answered (we need a
minimum of 20 queries/sec throughput).  We have also found that anytime
we do load testing, slapd dies after a few hours, so I wouldn't label
OpenLDAP-2.1.8 as being production ready.  This is on 3 CPU machines
with 3 GB of memory.  We have a back-bdb cache of 1GB.  Our CPU load did
not increase appreciably during load testing (0.01 load).

Our database is very small, just about 7500 entries or so. Originaly I used ldbm but bdb is slower. I didn't manage to run the multiple CPU tests by now but a slowdown even with async settings on isn't what I expected. Are you using Solaris 9?

Hi Thomas,

No, we are using Solaris 8. Our database is fairly large (40k entries right now, and that is just half our tree).

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Senior Systems Administrator