Re: thread problem OpenLDAP 2.1.8 + Solaris 9

--On Friday, November 08, 2002 8:55 AM -0800 Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@Stanford.EDU> wrote:

--On Friday, November 08, 2002 5:24 PM +0100 Thomas Nau
<thomas.nau@rz.uni-ulm.de> wrote:

Hi *
I just did a few performance tests using

	db-4.1.24
	openldap-2.1.8
	openssl-0.9.6g
	cyrus-sasl-2.1.9

with basicly default configure options for Suns Forte 6 update 2
compiler. Thread support is build in by default and I use the LDBM
backend. When I launch a query from a single client to the server
running on a multi-CPU system the test tajes about 45 seconds and CPU
load is about 99%. Running the same test with 2 clients at the same time
CPU usage goes up to about 200% (2 CPUs busy) BUT each client takes
about 2 minutes to complete :-(((

Thomas,

We are running almost the same setup, except that we are using back-bdb.
We are not seeing this behaviour, although our performance testing from
OpenLDAP-2.1.8 is is showing only about 7 queries/sec answered (we need a
minimum of 20 queries/sec throughput).  We have also found that anytime
we do load testing, slapd dies after a few hours, so I wouldn't label
OpenLDAP-2.1.8 as being production ready.  This is on 3 CPU machines with
3 GB of memory.  We have a back-bdb cache of 1GB.  Our CPU load did not
increase appreciably during load testing (0.01 load).

Correction: With 10 hosts querying a single server, slapd dies after 13 &1/2 minutes.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Senior Systems Administrator ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html