Re: setting up LDAP question

Mike Denka a écrit :

> One thing you'll have to deal with if you ever plan to upgrade to 2.1.x
> or (I assume) beyond is a strict enforcement of the single structural
> objectclass entry rule.  In 2.1.x you must have one and ONLY one
> structural object class represented in each entry.  So your entries in
> cn=unixgroup,ou=users, for example, would not be permitted because both
> the posixGroup and the groupOfUniqueNames are structural objectclasses.
> But in uid=userx,ou=users, you have no structural objectclasses.  So
> this class of entry would also be rejected.

Indeed, I read lots of things about this "only one structural
objectclass" !
I encouter enormous problem with that.
Is there somewhere a faq-O-Matic, issue tracking , changelog, man ...
any doc which would explain how and why all this !?

My entries are looking like this in terms of objectclass: I get problems
with posixAccount kerberosSecurityObject ... objectClass that are from
openldap schemas !

objectClass: top
objectClass: inetLocalMailRecipient
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: IntE-user		# My personnal objectclass
objectClass: labeledURIObject
objectClass: strongAuthenticationUser
objectClass: certificationAuthority
objectClass: shadowAccount
objectClass: kerberosSecurityObject

and its getting very complicated and annoying to resolve my problems !
will the schema included in latest openldap version be rewritten to take
care of those new constraints ?

--
Jehan Procaccia
Institut National des Telecommunications| Email: