Re: A Beginer Question .. HELP!

>C'mon Adam, you could at least be more specific.

Why? The OpenLDAP site is VERY specific.  Go to Linux.Com and search on
"ldap", there are almost a dozen links.

>http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/docs/ldap-auth.php
>http://www.tldp.org/
>http://www.ietf.org/rfc.html
>(Sorry, you'll have to figure out which RFC's to read using the man pages)

I wouldn't wish those RFCs on my worst enemy (well, maybe my WORST enemy,
but not my second worst).  There are lots of other, more user-level,
documents.  Again - A search of Linux.Com

>Cristian, I'm afraid you've got some long and difficult homework ahead
>of you.

I won't disagree there.  So is learning TCP/IP, OSPF, C, XML... or auto
mechanics, wine making, or medievil poetry.

>In typical Linux fashion the docs are obtuse and difficult to
>read

It is hard to get anymore straight forward than -
http://linux.oreillynet.com/lpt/a/linux/2001/11/08/ldap.html

>and everyone who knows what they are talking about doesn't want to
>talk.  They insist you read the documentation first,

Darn tootin'.  And why talk now?  Many people on this list *WROTE* the
documentation.  We talked already, and bothered to write it down.

>Under any other circumstances one could purchase a nice O'Rielly from
>Amazon but there are no books on OpenLDAP database management or schema
>deployment available. In other words, one can't even buy ones way out
>(or in depending on your perspecitve).

Your scope is too narrow.  There are several very good books on LDAP.
So what if they don't cover OpenLDAP.  They cover the protocol, the data
model, the schema concepts.  If you *understand* those things, most of
slapd's behaviour is obvious.

>>>I have installed the OpenLDAP on a RH 7.3. The installation was success
>>>but i don't know how ca i verify if that work ?
>>>2. how can i create users for ldap.
>>>3. where is the database ?
>>See "documentation"....

I'll toot my own horn -
ftp://kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/ldapv3.pdf