RE: Diagnosing client problem using SSL/TLS

On 24 Oct 2002 at 1:04, Howard Chu wrote:

> Rerun the search with "-d7" and look at the TLS trace messages.

I've done that, and sent it to the list as an attachment.

I'm not sure what I'm looking at, though.  From what I can tell, the
SSL connection is set up as expected.  The key verification still
takes place, despite the TLS_REQCERT setting.

I did a comparison with a successful ldapsearch using OpenLDAP
2.0.23.

Certificate verification aside, everything else seems to be the same
up until immediately after ldcap_chkResponseList returns NULL.

With 2.0.23, the next line is do_ldap_select:

do_ldap_select
read1msg: msgid 1, all 1
ber_get_next
tls_read: want=5, got=5

With 2.1.8, the next line is ldap_int_select:

ldap_int_select
read1msg: msgid 1, all 1
ber_get_next
tls_read: want=5, got=0

Is something broken in ldap_int_select, or is do_ldap_select meant to
be called?  What else should I be looking at?

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager
Morningstar Air Express Inc.