Re: I need help in adding data to database

Glynn S. Condez wrote:

> This is what I got when I run the command ldapadd:
> adding new entry "dc=raisaur,dc=mydomain,dc=com"
> adding new entry "o=raisaur"
> ldap_add: No such object
> ldif_record() = 32
>
> Does it inseting data to my database completely because when I tried
> to to add it again it says Already exist.

It says "dc=raisaur,dc=mydomain,dc=com" already exists, which truly has
been inserted correctly, as you can see from the output of ldapadd
above.

> Anyone can help why it has an error No such object?

"o=raisaur" is not configured in slapd.conf.

> my slapd.conf file
> ---snip----
> database        bdb
> suffix             "dc=raisaur,dc=mydomain,dc=com"
> rootdn           "cn=admin,dc=raisaur,dc=mydomain,dc=com"
> rootpw          secret
> directory        /usr/local/var/data
> index   objectClass     eq

You'll have to add another suffix or an suffixalias to your database
definition or another database at all, holding your "o=raisaur" stuff,
or call your objects differently. (I.e.
"o=raisaur,dc=raisaur,dc=mydomain,dc=com")

lg,
daniel
--
Top 10 Things to say, when you run out of good arguments:
No 9)  Yes, yes, we've all read DJB's RFCs on the subject.