Re: Slow bind on Intel PC with dual NICs

ons, 2002-10-16 kl. 16:30 skrev Tom Kielty:

> Has anyone seen an issue with a slow bind with a Intel PC running Win2K
> Server?
> Some of our client software is taking up to 20 seconds to complete the
> bind. We
> are seeing on our ldap server that the from the new connection to the
> connection
> init is taking over 20 seconds. It seems also that the gethostbyaddr
> command is
> taking almost 4 seconds to return?

This sort of thing (all of it) is mostly due to incorrectly configured
DNS.

Check and if necessary reconfigure your DNS server. If you haven't got
one, then install one - preferably BIND - and configure it correctly.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

"There are many people who can't face the truth ... If you rob a
normal person of life's lies, at the same time you'll be robbing
him of his happiness."

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl