RE: looking for a stable combination

You're missing the point. The latest release is always the best available
release, it has fixes for all the problems we're aware of at the time. If you
don't report the specifics of any problems that you encounter, and no one
else has reported them either, then there's nearly zero probability that your
problems with the current releases will be fixed in any subsequent release.
If you have problems that are directly attributable to BDB 4.1.24, then the
only hope you have of getting a better release is by contacting Sleepycat
with your problems, because 4.1.24 is the latest, best release of Berkeley DB
currently available.

In the case of OpenLDAP, 2.0.27 and 2.1.6 are the latest/best releases. But
since you don't describe what problems you had with 2.0.25 or 2.1.5, there's
no way for us to tell if either of these releases will work any better for
you in your environment.

  -- Howard Chu