Re: newbies help

søn, 2002-10-13 kl. 19:44 skrev adri:

> il giorno Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 07:35:09PM +0200, Tony Earnshaw ha scritto

> > Try adding inetOrgPerson as objectClass .

> ok, i add this and the attribute was added to my database.

> so now, i have only to study the exatly meaning of the "schema" and
> "attribute". ;))

Ah. Well, you said you had:

*******************************
slapd.conf
*******************************
**Something**
include         /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
**Something else**

In the schema inetorgperson.schema you get the chance to add the
attribute 'mail'. But first you have to put the objectClass
'inetOrgPerson' into the entries for those who have to have the mail
attribute. Because without it, your present objectClasses won't allow
that.

dn: cn=Username, ou=Addressbook, o=rubrica, c=IT
cn: Username
telephoneNumber: 1234567890
mail:themail@mail.it
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson <----- !!!

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

"There are many people who can't face the truth ... If you rob a
normal person of life's lies, at the same time you'll be robbing
him of his happiness."

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl