how to compile an "all-in-one" binary for ldapsearch ?

Hi,

I am trying to build an "all-in-one" binary for ldapsearch tool with all SASL mechanisms embedded in the binary.

Cyrus SASL 2.1.7 has been built with the --with-static-sasl switch, so I have an libsasl2.a (about 1,2 Mo) in /usr/local/lib

But when I try to build openldap with --enable-static, no success to obtain the static ldapsearch binary (about 181 ko).
When I try to use this ldapsearch tool, no SASL mechanism is avalaible.

I run configure with this parameters :

   ./configure --with-cyrus-sasl --enable-spasswd --enable-monitor --enable-static --disable-shared --disable-slapd --disable-slurpd

In the make step  output it seems that it is always linked with libsasl2.so and not with libsasl2.a. All other libraries are in the ".a" form.

What's wrong or missing in the configure step ?
is there a way to use a --with-staticsasl switch  like in cyrus-sasl or cyrus-imapd building operation ?

Any idea ?

Thanks

Jacques Landru

    -----oOo-----