Re: Problems initiating openldap

fre, 2002-10-11 kl. 08:24 skrev Espen Martinsen:

>   I've compiled/installed openldap 2.1, and ran the tests (make test)
>   without problems, and finally done a #make install

Hei du Espen,

You don't say which 2.1. Since you're running it with BDB 4.1, I assume
it's 2.1.5.

>  Now, I'll try:
>  #rm /usr/local/var/openldap-data/*
>  #slapadd -v -d 9 -l ../ldif/base.ldif
>  slapadd init: initiated tool.
> bdb_open: initialize BDB backend
> bdb_open: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.1.24: (September 13, 2002)
> <<< dnNormalize: <cn=subschema>
> /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/solaris.schema: line 35: AttributeType
> inappropriate matching rule: "caseIgnoreIA5Match"
> slapadd: bad configuration file!

> Can anyone help me on this?  Am I doing something terribly wrong ?

Your Solaris schema is not standard Openldap. I'm running 2.1.5 with BDB
4.1, also have a non-standard schema, evolutionperson.schema.

Whereas 2.1.4 was perfectly happy with all the schema's EQUALITY rules,
2.1.5 barfed at many, not all. This is probably what your slapd is also
barfing at.

My solution was simply a workaround, and everything seems to work
normally at the moment. I made a backup of the original schema and
simply removed each EQUALITY line at which the server was barfing,
attempted to restart the server after each modification. I finally
removed about 10 lines, 1 caseIgnoreMatch and 9 telephoneNumberMatch'es.

I served this up to the Ximian Evolution hackers, but they're not
inclined to do anything about it for the time being, so my workaround
will have to stay for a while.

Hope this helps,

Best,

Tonni

--

Tony Earnshaw

"There are many people who can't face the truth ... If you rob a
normal person of life's lies, at the same time you'll be robbing
him of his happiness."

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl