Re: userPassword attribute - cleartext but still being encrypted ?

ons, 2002-10-09 kl. 10:52 skrev David Wilson:

> I'm coding a utility that needs to have the "userPassword" attribute's values as clear text.
> At the moment my sample input ldif file contains the following:
> userPassword: password
> I then add the ldif with "ldapadd", after it's added successfully I do an "ldapsearch" and it shows the following for "userPassword":

> userPassword:: d29yZHBhc3M=

Ermm . that's not encrypted, it's base64 coding.

In a terminal console, do 'mimencode -u', (if you have mimencode on your
machine) then paste what you have above and hit enter. The result will
surprise you :-)

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

"There are many people who can't face the truth ... If you rob a
normal person of life's lies, at the same time you'll be robbing
him of his happiness."

>From Henrik Ibsen's "Vildanden", "The wild Duck."

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key:	http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:	(+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:		(+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981