Re: userPassword attribute - cleartext but still being encrypted ?

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 10:52:35AM +0200, David Wilson <dave@dcdata.co.za> wrote:
> Any ideas why the "userPassword" is still being encrypted ?
 I am also a newbie with OpenLDAP, but as I know, you have to enable it
in a config file, probably /etc/ldap/slapd.conf. This is for you, that
you ack cleartext passwords are very unsafe. Btw, there's a method to
compare passwords, you have to supply the userPassword field, the
encoding method (maybe), and the cleartext input password as I remember.
Search around these a bit please. Also sorry, I may be wrong as a
beginner.

/GCS