userPassword attribute - cleartext but still being encrypted ?

Hi all,

I'm coding a utility that needs to have the "userPassword" attribute's values as clear text.

At the moment my sample input ldif file contains the following:

userPassword: password

I then add the ldif with "ldapadd", after it's added successfully I do an "ldapsearch" and it shows the following for "userPassword":

userPassword:: d29yZHBhc3M=

I compiled my openldap with "--prefix=/usr/local/openldap --without-kerberos --without-tls --disable-kpasswd --without-cyrus-sasl"

Any ideas why the "userPassword" is still being encrypted ?

Could it be shadow encrypying the password ? How do I disable shadow , "./configure --help" does not seem to mention how to do this ?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I'm really stuck, thanks.

 Many thanks and kind regards.

David Wilson
DcData
+27 83 787 7424
http://www.dcdata.co.za

LinuxBox S.A - Africa's largest online Linux community
http://www.linuxbox.co.za