RE: Multiple search bases against iPlanet LDAP for Apache 2

There's a difference between referrals and continuation references. OpenLDAP
supports both when you're using LDAPv3. If mod_auth_ldap is not explicitly
setting the protocol to version 3 then you only get referral support.

It sounds to me like mod_auth_ldap needs to be patched.

  -- Howard Chu