Re: How do I use ldap_sasl_bind()?

At 02:54 AM 2002-10-05, Adam Hyde wrote:
>I have written a program which connects to a remote LDAP server the normal, non-ssl way.  Since
>my program is used as part of an authentication system, all it needs to do is connect and
>disconnect.  As a result, the sequence of function calls is:
>
>*ldh = ldap_init(hostname, port);
>returncode = ldap_simple_bind_s(*ldh, login_string, bind_password);
>returncode = ldap_unbind(*ldh);
>
>with a bit of error checking in between.  Now I would like to make the program a litte more
>secure by connecting to the remote server via SSL, but I cannot find any documentation for the
>ldap_sasl_bind() function.

In doc/drafts you'll find the (expired) LDAPext API draft.  It
discusses ldap_sasl_bind(3).  Note that this call requires the
application to implement the SASL mechanism.  If instead you
want to use the library's SASL implementation (which is built
using Cyrus SASL), you should instead use ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s(3)
instead.  For this, see the ldapcompare(3) code in clients/tools
for example usage.