Re: Using CRYPT password on redhat 7.3 with openldap 2.1.4

I think it has something to do with MD5 ReHashing of passwords. You
might want to turn MD5 on, if it was previously off, or turn it off if
it was previously on. I don't quite know where it is, but authconfig
might do it, and so might reinstalling (and when you get to password
screen - authentication configuration screen, ) uncheck the box that
says MD5.