RE: compatible versions

If you compiled with BDB 4.0.14 and then installed the BDB 4.1.24 shared
libraries you will get this crash since the BDB APIs are changed. If you
recompiled everything with BDB 4.1.24 installed then it should just work. The
pre-built binaries that we have packaged on our download server use BDB
4.1.24, along with Cyrus SASL 2.1.7 and OpenSSL 0.9.6g. We have patched some
build issues in our OpenSSL and Cyrus source code to get them working
properly, but the BDB 4.1.24 source works without any changes.

  -- Howard Chu