LDAP proxy?

Is is possible to use OpenLDAP as a proxy? Specifically, unless you use NFS home directories, Mac OS X requires some attributes for a good user experience that some (many) administrators are hesitant to add to their schema.

I'd like a proxy to sit in the middle of the conversation, query the enterprise directory, add the offending attribute to the record, and pass it on to Mac OS X.

Is there a back end that would support this- or maybe code that's public somewhere that operates along those lines? Could you use do referrals on the attribute level? I looked through the archives but didn't find much relating to adding attributes to records in transit.

If this is an idiot question I apologize, I've never really used OpenLDAP for anything beyond postfix and basic user login infrastructures.

http://www.4am-media.com
Mac OS X Consulting and Training
Michael Bartosh
mbartosh@4am-media.com
303.517.0272
Denver, CO

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher regard those who think alike than those who think differently."

- -- Nietzsche

			Think Different.